Πέμπτη 5 Φεβρουαρίου 2015

Coutinho aiming to become Liverpool 'great'



After signing a new long-term contract at Liverpool, Philippe Coutinho has underlined his ambition to eventually be considered among the greatest players to have worn the red of the Anfield club.
The Brazilian was already committed to Liverpool until 2018 but Tuesday's announcement will leave the Anfield faithful delighted at the prospect of seeing Coutinho in action far beyond that date.
He has been in impressive form in recent weeks, laying on goals for Raheem Sterling and the returning Daniel Sturridge in Saturday's 2-0 home win over West Ham United.
And Coutinho, who has featured in 20 of Liverpool's 23 Barclays Premier League matches in 2014/15, is aiming to elevate himself to the standing of former Anfield greats such as Kenny Dalglish, Ian Rush and Kevin Keegan.
"I'm really happy. I've been made to feel very welcome here ever since I first arrived at Liverpool," he told the club's website. "It's a dream come true playing for this great club and being part of this squad. I've committed my future to the club and for this I'm feeling very pleased.
"This club is great and the fans have always supported me, so I've been eager to sign this new deal since conversations on my future here started.
"I hope to play a part in success over the years. I want to become one of the greatest Liverpool players, hopefully by winning trophies."
"I was very young - you can see on those photos that I looked like a kid," he said. "I haven't changed that much but I think this shorter hair actually makes me look a bit older! Anyway, I hope to keep growing and evolving every aspect of my game at Liverpool.
"Brendan has always been very helpful, he trusted me and gave me the opportunity to play. I didn't think twice when a new deal was proposed. This is an outstanding club with amazing supporters. I'm very grateful to everyone.
"He's great. He's constantly talking to me and the squad. I feel I have evolved very much under his management. Tactically, he's been very helpful to me; I've learnt things like how to play and mark the opponent without the ball."
After a stuttering start to their campaign, Liverpool have begun to find form in recent weeks, moving to within four points of fourth place, and Saturday's Merseyside derby with Everton at Goodison Park offers Rodgers' men the opportunity to make it 19 points from seven Barclays Premier League matches.
"We have to take one step at a time," Coutinho said. "The team have been consistent and have been playing well again. We should aim at winning the games we have ahead and then see what happens at the end. It is our objective to be in the top four in the Premier League."
source: http://www.premierleague.com/

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου